December is one of the easiest times of year to draw your lost friends, family, and neighbors closer to Jesus!
While Covid might feel restrictive, if we think relationally and locally, there is so much we can do.
Many of your lost friends and family are far more open to exploring the meaning of the season than you realize – IF the invitation is given in a relational and loving manner.
To help you, we’ve put together a list of ideas that you can copy or innovate from!
- Christmas caroling done in a socially-distanced way
- Give a plate of cookies and a hand written card to your neighbors
- Take extra time this month to prayer walk in your place of mission
- Ask God for a simple, encouraging, prophetic word for each of your neighbors, to include in a Christmas card
- Invite a few neighbors round for Christmas drinks, in order to deepen your friendship and understanding of them
- Hold a 15-20 minute Christmas Eve service on your front lawn
- Call your local elementary school to see if there are any disadvantaged families you could bless with gifts
- Invite your neighbors to club together financially to support a local ministry that serves the poor
- Organize a caravan of cars to view Christmas lights
- Hold a White Elephant gift-exchange party a few days after Christmas!
- Arrange a Christmas crafting time on your front lawn
- Do something practical for a struggling household nearby
- Give each household in your home church $25 to spend on something missional
New Year Ideas
- Invite neighbors to a New Year’s Eve gathering to release the pain and disappointments of 2021, and to pray for God’s blessing on the New Year
- Gather around a fire pit with neighbors and share what you’re glad to leave behind, and your hopes for 2022
- Send neighbors a hand-written card with what you’re praying for them for the New Year
- Put up a board for neighbors to write up their hopes for 2022
- Host a New Year’s open house on your front lawn
- Arrange a virtual New Year’s party with lots of games that work in that medium, and a toast for 2022
- Set aside the first days of January to pray and fast for your lost neighbors, and the Kingdom to advance where you live, work, study, and play
To take this topic further…
Equipping for Mission Coaching Cohort
You are invited to be part of a small group of like-minded leaders who are determined to consistently live on mission and equip others to do the same.
- Over a 12 month process we will pour into you a custom mix of theological, philosophical, and practical training.
- The focus throughout will be on building a robust missional mindset alongside personal experience of everyday missionary practices.
- You will develop your own back-catalog of stories and experiences, so that you can better train and equip others in these vital skills and practices.